Upton State Forest is managed under the Massachusetts Department of Conservation and Recreation (DCR) and follows the rules and regulations of the Massachusetts State Parks.
The park is a multi-use facility, therefore everyone visiting the park is expected to adhere to trail etiquette so that we all can have a safe and enjoyable experience. Refer to Trail Etiquette under Trails to familiarize yourself with safe trail use.
- Upton State Forest is open from sunrise to sunset.
- Free parking is available in an upper lot in front of the CCC headquarters and a lower lot via CCC Way.
- No grilling is allowed in USF.
- Motorized vehicles are prohibited.
- There are no trash receptacles. Please take out what you take in.
Dogs must be leashed at all times and dog poop must be removed. Additional regulations regarding dog walking in the park can be found on the DCR web site.
Hunting is allowed in the forest. For your safety, be sure to wear orange during hunting season. No hunting is allowed on Sundays.
The hunting schedule for Massachusetts can be found on the DCR web site.
See this page for a complete list of rules and regulations for Massachusetts State Parks.