Upton State Forest has both natural and historic amenities that can be enjoyed by people of all ages.
Natural Amenities include:
- Miles of trails for recreational activities;
- Vernal pools;
- Beaver dams;
- Ponds and wetlands with a variety of wildlife;
- A variety of birds and animals;
- A variety of plants and flowers.
Historic Amenities include:
- The CCC headquarters which include a main building, school house and parade grounds;
- Wells and basement cellars scattered throughout the forest used by the CCC families who lived there.
Free parking is available at the CCC headquarters and a smaller parking area down CCC way.
There are no trash receptacles at the Forest, so please take out what you take in including animal waste.
There are picnic tables at the CCC headquarters so you can enjoy a meal with friends and family.
There is a porta-potty at the trail entrance to the Forest at the CCC headquarters parking area.
There is a QR code on the message board at the CCC headquarters trail entrance that will download the trail map to your cell phone.