Camp Strover

After Company 2105 was moved from Upton to begin work at Salisbury Beach the Commissioner of Conservation wrote to the National Park Service requesting that the camp buildings be turned over to his department. The intention at that time was to disassemble the buildings and reuse the lumber elsewhere. The Park Service replied that they had given temporary custody to the Youth Progress Administration to use the camp.

To date research has not discovered any information about the tenure of the YPA but at some point the buildings were turned over to the Massachusetts State Guards to use for training. At this time the site was known as Camp Stover.

Training at Camp Stover -1940’s
(Courtesy of Upton Historical Society)Strover

Click on one of the following FUSF periods for more information: